TDI Decompression Procedures Course in Playa del Carmen, Mexico
There are limits to everything. Even diving. For recreational divers, we have No Decompression Limits. However, nothing sucks more than having to end a great dive because you ran out of time. For those divers who are ready to push the limits beyond those set for recreational divers, and are willing to learn how to safely execute decompression dives, then the TDI Decompression Procedures course is what you should be doing.
During this course, you will learn to plan and execute decompression dives building up from the knowledge you obtained during your TDI Advanced Nitrox Course to a maximum depth of 45meters. This is done using a combination of multi-gas dive computers as well as planning software.
The dives, are done in open water on the deep reefs and Cantil wall in Playa del Carmen, or for certified cave divers with a Stage Cave certification, the dives can be done in some of the deeper caves in the Riviera Maya.
After your certification, a whole new world will open up to you, and you will be able and ready to move into courses like Extended Range, Normoxic Trimix and Advanced/Technical Wreck to name a few.
This course can be taken in conjuction with the TDI Advanced Nitrox Course
What Will I Learn on my TDI Decompressure Procedures Course?
Decompression dive planning including:
- Decompression gas choices
- Tables vs. personal dive computers
- Emergency and contingency planning (equipment failure, omitted decompression, etc.)
Decompression diving procedures
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/lift bag deployment
Proper trim, buoyancy and finning techniques
Emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, etc.)
Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, and gas blending procedures
3 Days Minimum- $250/day
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver, Advanced Adventure Diver, Advanced Nitrox
- Minimum of 100 logged dives
- A full immersion program is available and includes Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures with a minimum duration of 6 days.
- If students wish to do course in sidemount configuration, proof of sidemount certification must be provided.
Add sidemount training (extra 3 days)
- Transportation to and from the boat staging area or cenote(s) departing from our dive center in Playa del Carmen.
- Tanks (double tanks or sidemount tanks)
- Boat fees
- Weights if needed
- Bottled water
- Technical Diving Equipment. Can be rented for a fee, but students should have their own equipment for this level of diving.
- High Oxygen Mixes
- Entry Fees (15-40 USD/Day)
- Certification Fees
- Personal Diving Equipment - see list of required equipment.