TDI Nitrox Diver Course in Playa del Carmen
What is Nitrox?
Nitrox, or Enriched Air, is a type of gas mixture that uses higher concentrations of Oxygen than what is found in the air we normally breathe. Any air mix with an oxygen concentration higher than 21%, will be considered enriched air.
With this certification, you will be qualified to dive mixes with up to 40% oxygen.
There are many benefits of diving with nitrox. You can extend your bottom time significantly because you are taking in lower concentrations of Nitrogen, you decrease your need for long surface intervals and when used conservatively, diving with nitrox will reduce your risk of decompression sickness (DCS). Mind you, nothing will ever eliminate the risk of DCS other than not diving.
Nitrox does also have some risks due to the higher Oxygen concentrations. So you should never dive with any mix other than air without proper training.
Who this course is for:
- The open water diver who is interested in learning more about nitrox mixtures
- The open water diver who is interested in extending their bottom time
- The certified diver who has interest in moving forward with technical diving education
What you can expect to learn:
- The benefits, hazards, and proper procedures for using nitrox mixes from 22 through 40 percent oxygen content
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, and gas blending procedures
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to dive utilizing EAN-22 to EAN-40 without direct supervision
- Ability to enroll in TDI Advanced Nitrox, TDI Decompression Procedures, TDI Semi-closed Rebreather courses
TDI Nitrox Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate understanding of EAD calculations
- Perform oxygen analysis for nitrox mixtures
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Nitrox course and written examination
How to take this course?
- Available as an Online Course: Start eLearning today!
$250 with 2 dives
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification of open water diver or current enrollment in an open water diver course